Friday, September 19, 2014

sonny's blues


1.       Francis “had not develop his memory as a sentimental faculty. “Why is memory important in this story? What kinds of memories do people try to ignore and what kind of memories do surface in this story? 

 

I really enjoy reading the story because as I was reading I felt like I been in the same position as he was when trying to fix things with his brother. Sometimes as the older sister/brother we had to take care of the youngest of the family by doing things that they might see it as if we are interfering with their personal life which may lead to problems. I have a little sister, sometimes it really hard for me to show her my feeling and when it comes to giving her advice I don’t really know where to start. The narrator of the story seems to have real feeling for his brother who is younger then him, but his kind of shy and afraid of letting his feeling out and also he feel the responsible  for his brother  because his mom told him to look after him. In my opinion memories its important in this story because as he was narrating the story he was remembering things that had happen to him in the past. Example the loss of his daughter and the story that his mom told him about the brother of his father who was killed by a car full of drunks white mans. Its like as he narrating the story he has a lot of flash back. People always try to ignore the bad memories but in this story mostly all the memories that he have were bad memories that affected him. In my opinion the narrator is trapped in the past, that’s why he felt certain way sometimes, at the end of the story he said that he felt that he was being free from all the bad memories and pain he felt by remembering all that bad stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment