Friday, October 31, 2014

Shannel Camacho       
English 102
Raquel Corona
October 31, 2014

1) Describe Creon's character and the way he is portrayed in the story.  What kind of leader does he sounds like at the onset of the play?  What would you consider his flaws?  How do you know these are his flaws?

            In this story Creon is the son of Menoeceus. Creon is the king, the new ruler of Thebes. What I interpreted Creon’s character, while I was reading the second page; to be is selfish and heartless. I say this because while reading, one of the sentences states, “I here to proclaim to the city that this man shall not no one honor with a grave and non shall mourn... You shall leave him without burial; you shall watch him chewed up by birds and dogs and violated… But he that is loyal to the state in death, in life alike, shall have my honor.” As I read those words, I thought to myself what a heartless human being. Someone who portrays as a higher authority and takes advantage of his civilians, a leader that is abusing his power as a king.  He states that whoever is loyal to his city, he will honor, but those who aren’t loyal to his city will not be buried and do not deserve his honor. So then I changed my mind about Creon’s character once he mentioned about people being loyal to him. He feel as if people betray him he has no need to be loyal to them or honor them. His way of not honoring people is by not burying them and figuratively speaking letting the dogs chew the body alive. He sounds like he is the type of leader that whatever he says goes. He expects people to meet and complete his orders, if not consequences will be presented. One of the flaws Creon has a selfish quality, I think this because even if someone is disloyal you should not wish the worse upon them, but in his case if they’re disloyal he doesn’t care about the victims feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment