Thursday, September 18, 2014

Sonny Blues Reflection

What struck me most in this short story is the relationship between the two brothers as well as determination by Sonny. Although Sonny was in jail, his brother was always there for him. This kind of remind me of my little brother. No matter what the situation may be I will always be there for him and I'm assuming its the same for him. During the beginning of the short story the narrator was so depressed after reading the news paper also after talking to Sonny's friend after work. Some brothers may just not care while others feel the pain.

I think determination is key in this short story because Sonny always wanted to be a musician, he even had his own instruments. However, his brother had doubts he didn't know Sonny was good at what he do. It's like his entire family was against him. I admire the way Sonny handled this situation though. Although everybody let him down, he didn't give up. He stood there and fought for what he wanted. And although this short story is fiction it was like a real life situation in which I pictured happening. It is always important to go ahead and focus on what you would like to achieve, same as having a goal. In this way you already know what you want and you'll be working forward to that particular thing. At the very end of the short story where Sonny was playing his brother finally saw who Sonny was and how talented he was. It's like the music was a part of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment